Please use the drop down to see more information on the jobs we are currently hiring for.
ONE ON ONE DOG WALKER
In 2013, Rain City Dogs was founded by Hunter Johnson. Her many years of experience in both dog training and walking, she created a business that stood for leadership, compassion, and integrity. After 8 years of building a loyal clientele and an exceptional reputation within the Vancouver dog community, Hunter followed a life long dream of moving to the Sunshine Coast! (you can now find her walking dogs on the coast at our sister company Rain Coast Dogs!) It was at this time, Hunter decided to entrust her high standards, knowledge and give Rain City Dogs to Lucian and Nick.
In July 2020, Lucian and Nick officially took responsibility for Rain City Dogs. With their shared knowledge and passion for dogs and their pet parents alike, they continue to uphold the original core values of Rain City Dogs.
Our mission is now to cultivate a community of dog lovers and advocates, while providing a safe, reliable service for your pet. We pride ourselves on our dedication to understanding each dog’s individual needs. To us, it’s not simply about taking your dog for a walk; it’s about getting to know and understand his/her unique personality. We are an ALL BREEDS company serving the Vancouver area. We do our best to work with dogs of all behaviors, backgrounds, and schedules. While we may be a diverse group of humans, we come together with one goal in mind, the happiness of our dogs!
We acknowledge we are on the unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. We thank them for having cared for these lands and waters
Rain City Dogs is an indigenous (Métis) LGBTQ+ Owned Business
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- be able to walk a single / double dog.
- Providing dog walking and socialization in a fun, safe, and structured environment
- Navigating through our service area to retrieve dog(s) from client’s homes
- Managing dogs in different stages of training.
- Maintaining training plans established by the trainers
- Picking up & disposing of pet waste
- Providing regular updates and feedback about dogs and behaviors Using Social Media to update our client with photos and updates
The Ideal Candidate…
- Loves dogs of all kinds
- Enjoys being active and outdoors
- Is willing to learn new training techniques and methodologies
- Is a self-motivated team player who can work also work independently
- Is reliable and trustworthy
- Is willing to work with dogs with a variety of backgrounds and comfort levels – Most dogs due to COVID19 has some type of reactivity (bikes, cars, other dogs) you must be comfortable with this
- Experience is NEEDED – we work with reactive dogs and you need to be comfortable.
- 19 years old or older
- Must be able to clear a background check
- MUST be living in Vancouver
- Available Monday through Friday approximately 8am – 6pm
- Minimum 6-month employment commitment
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must own a reliable vehicle
- A smartphone with text/email capability (must be compliant with our scheduling software)
- Must be active or able to be on your feet, hiking and walking for most of the day, in any weather
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently while managing your time
- Must live within reasonable proximity to our service areas
- Willing to get dirty and have fun!
What We Provide:
- An established dog handling company with a robust clientele base
- A fun, inclusive, and supportive team and clients
- Employees are paid hourly – $17 for the first 3 months and jumps up to $20
- Continued opportunities for training and growth
- Discounted services for employee pets within our service area
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
you will be emailed if we are interested in an interview, thank you for your time.