In 2013, Rain City Dogs was founded by Hunter Johnson. Her many years of experience in both dog training and walking, she created a business that stood for leadership, compassion, and integrity. After 8 years of building a loyal clientele and an exceptional reputation within the Vancouver dog community, Hunter followed a life long dream of moving to the Sunshine Coast! It was at this time, Hunter decided to entrust her high standards, knowledge and give Rain City Dogs to Lucian and Nick.
In July 2020, Lucian and Nick officially took responsibility for Rain City Dogs. With their shared knowledge and passion for dogs and their pet parents alike, they continue to uphold the original core values of Rain City Dogs.
Our mission is now to cultivate a community of dog lovers and advocates, while providing a safe, reliable service for your pet. We pride ourselves on our dedication to understanding each dog’s individual needs. To us, it’s not simply about taking your dog for a walk; it’s about getting to know and understand his/her unique personality. We are an ALL BREEDS company serving the Vancouver area. We do our best to work with dogs of all behaviors, backgrounds, and schedules. While we may be a diverse group of humans, we come together with one goal in mind, the happiness of our dogs!
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Walking and/or hiking multiple dogs simultaneously
- Providing dog walking and socialization in a fun, safe, and structured environment
- Navigating through our service area to retrieve dog(s) from client’s homes
- Managing dogs in different stages of training, both in vehicles and on walks/hikes/play groups
- Maintaining training plans established by the trainers
- Picking up & disposing of pet waste
- Providing regular updates and feedback about dogs and behaviors
- Using Social Media to update our client group with photos and updates
The Ideal Candidate…
- Loves dogs of all kinds
- Enjoys being active and outdoors
- Is willing to learn new training techniques and methodologies
- Is a self-motivated team player who can work also work independently
- Is reliable and trustworthy
- Is willing to work with dogs with a variety of backgrounds and comfort levels
- Experience is preferred
- 19 years old or older
- Must be able to clear a background check
- Available Monday through Friday approximately 9am – 4pm
- Minimum 6-month employment commitment
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record and proof of insurance
- Must own a reliable vehicle suitable for safely transporting up to 6 dogs (please note vehicle type in your application)
- A smartphone with text/email capability (must be compliant with our scheduling software)
- Must be active or able to be on your feet, hiking and walking for most of the day, in any weather
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently while managing your time
- Must live within reasonable proximity to our service areas
- must be able to control off leash dogs.
- Willing to get dirty and have fun!
What We Provide:
- An established dog handling company with a robust clientele base
- A fun, inclusive, and supportive team and clients
- Commission-based salary
- Employees are paid per dog
- Continued opportunities for training and growth
- Discounted services for employee pets within our service area
Send us your Resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
you will be emailed if we are interested in an interview, thank you for your time.